Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes received her PhD in counseling and education in 2002 and is a Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist in Tennessee and Florida, a Life Coach, Sober Coach and a Certified Personal Trainer. Dr. Snipes has been involved in the health and wellness field for the past 20 years.
Her accomplishments include:
- Running a successful private practice in Florida, Tennessee and online since 2002.
- Designing and running AllCEUs.com, an international counselor education program providing training to over 100,000 counselors in 43 countries.
- Working her way up from line clinician to department director supervising 9 residential and intensive outpatient programs in 2 counties from 1998-2011
- Teaching “Stress Management and Wellness,” “Alcohol and Drug Awareness,” “Assessment and Testing,” “Eating Disorders Counseling,” and “Substance Abuse Counseling,” at the University of Florida's Department of Counselor Education for five years
- Serving as the Florida Police Benevolent Association's Wellness Consultant for seven years
- Authoring more than 250 articles and “The Wellness Connection,” a practical wellness text which has been used extensively in college stress management courses and recovery groups.
- Presenting at several conferences throughout Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee
- Consulting with national and multinational organizations on ways to improve their employee productivity, morale and longevity.
- Designing and publishing a fitness curriculum, for parents and children birth to five, which encourages positive family time, enhances self esteem, stimulates brain development and lays the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.
- Publishing Journey to Recovery: A Comprehensive Guide to Recovery from Addiction and Mental Health Problems.
- Hosting Counselor Toolbox and Happiness Isn't Brain Surgery Podcast each week