Recovery Coach Certification
Recovery Coaching is a form of strength-based supports for persons in or seeking recovery from alcohol and other drugs, and other addictions. Similar to life and business coaching, Recovery Coaching (also known as peer mentoring) is a type of partnership where the person in or seeking recovery self directs his/her recovery while the coach provides expertise in supporting successful change. Recovery Coaching focuses on achieving any goals important to the individual. The coach asks questions and offers suggestions to help the “recoveree” begin to take the lead in addressing his/her recovery needs. Recovery Coaching focuses on honoring values and making principle-based decisions, creating a clear plan of action, and using current strengths to reach future goals. The coach serves as an accountability partner to help the person sustain his/her recovery. The Recovery Coach helps the person access recovery, as well as access systems needed to support recovery such as benefits, health care, etc. Learn more here
Workshops for Churches and Businesses
We offer a variety of NBCC and NAADAC approved educational workshops for the general public or supervisors that can be done in our office or in yours. The cost for each 3-hour workshop is $500. Additionally we can work with your agency to provide 3, 4 or 5 day trainings. To set up a workshop, please email Dr. Snipes at Dr_Snipes [at] dr-is-in.com or call us at 615-220-6005 or 800-892-0816.
- Behavior Modification
- Learn about the principles of punishment and reinforcement, and how to effectively use them to change behavior. The same principles apply for changing your behavior, the behavior of your family or even the behavior of your dog.
- Creating a Positive Behavioral Climate
- Stop micromanaging, demanding and prodding. By understanding your employees and motivating through rewards instead of threatening punishment, you will improve morale and productivity and reduce turnover.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Awareness
- Mental health and substance abuse issues in employees costs billions of dollars each year. By identifying issues early it is possible to reduce lost productivity and turnover.
- Stress Management
- Stress is an unavoidable, but necessary part of life. Participants will learn to identify and deal with inevitable stressors, build their reserves to deal with life's occasional crises, and balance their energy expenditure across all areas of life.
- Workplace Wellness
- Burnout, low morale, stress, communication and relationship issues can all cause problems at work. Our workplace wellness workshop will help employees identify signs and causes of stress and how to deal with them in a positive, proactive way.