Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes received her PhD in counseling and education in 2002 and is a Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist in Tennessee and Florida, a Life Coach, Sober Coach and a Certified Personal Trainer. Dr. Snipes has been involved in the health and wellness field for the past 20 years. She uses a integrative approach to recovery that considers the interaction between your physical health, emotions, thoughts, environment and relationships. Dr. Snipes is trauma informed and kink and poly aware and strives to create a welcoming environment. She focuses mainly on helping people improve their quality of life and addressing issues including addiction (substances, sex, pornography), anxiety, depression, dementia, eating disorders, infidelity, grief, relationship issues and “stress.”
Her accomplishments include:
- Running a successful private practice in Florida, Tennessee and online.
- Designing and running AllCEUs.com, an international counselor education program providing training to over 100,000 counselors in 43 countries.
- Hosting Counselor Toolbox, the number one counselor education podcast and counseling CEU youtube channel https://youtube.com/allceuseducation
- Teaching at the University of Florida's Department of Counselor Education for five years
- Serving as the Florida Police Benevolent Association's Wellness Consultant for 5 years
- Authoring more than 250 articles and “The Wellness Connection,” a practical wellness text which has been used extensively in college stress management courses and recovery groups.
- Presenting at several conferences throughout the state of Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee
- Consulting with national and multinational organizations on ways to improve their employee productivity, morale and longevity.
- Designing and publishing a fitness curriculum, for parents and children birth to five, which encourages positive family time, enhances self esteem, stimulates brain development and lays the foundation for a healthy lifestyle. (project for Sun Country Sports Center)
Both books can be read for free with Kindle Unlimited.