Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LPC-MHSP, LMHC
Executive Director: AllCEUs.com
Podcast Host: Counselor Toolbox and Happiness Isn’t Brain Surgery
Become a member at DocSnipes.com to be able to chat with Doc Snipes via text 5pm EST until 8pm EST, 7 days a week and participate in DocSnipes' weekly, online coaching group each Thursday at 6:30pm EST
A pound of fat = 3500 calories
If you are losing more than 2 pounds per week, it is very likely you are losing muscle and water weight as well.
A pound of muscle burns approximately 50 calories per day (5 pounds of muscle = 250 more calories you can eat)
A calorie is a calorie whether it is fat, carbs or protein. Fat is a more dense source of calories than carbs or protein….but soooooo yummy….lol
Here are some tips to help you eat less, move more and lose weight.
- Drink a glass of water, calorie-free juice, chicken bullion or diet soda before each meal or when you start to feel hungry.
- Add fiber
- Use a salad plate
- Eat multiple colors
- Avoid eating out of the bag
- Put food away (off the counter)
- Chew gum or suck on a mint when you cook
- Weigh your food
- Close the kitchen
- Brush your teeth
- During commercial breaks, walk around
- Invest in an X-Box Connect 360 or other Motion-Oriented game
- Get a reclining stationary bike for in front of the tv
- Get a dog (or 2) there are plenty at the shelters
- Don’t over-restrict
- Dance like you hope nobody is watching
- Find a gym with personal tvs on the treadmills.
- Invest in some adjustable dumbells or resistance bands
- Try doing 10 (pushups, situps, calf raises and squats) every hour each day
- Pick up an active hobby (hiking, rock climbing, cleaning up state parks, gardening)
Bonus: try to keep a routine on the weekends too…